Tuesday, August 3, 2010

CHICAGO

We had such a great time in Chicago.  I was in heaven with the AMAZING shopping, Cubs Games, and spending time with my FAVORITE sister.  The first day we were there Chelsea picked us up for the airport and we went to Kona Grill for lunch it was very different from anything we have ever had but it was really good.  Then we were off to get a treat (you cant be with Chelsea and NOT get a treat after every meal) at Pot Bellys they had the most amazing dessert bars called Shelia's Dream Bars and Chelsea was telling me all about them on the way there she lost me when she said they had choclate in them so I was just going to go with a shake until she made me try a bite and "holy shiz balls" they were good.  Chelsea laughed at me when I said "holy shiz balls"  They were made with an oatmeal crust and had cholclate chips and carmel in them and ohhh they were delicious.  We are trying to find out if they can just shop us dozens of them weekly. We didn't do much the first day because we were waiting for my parents to arrive the following day but unfortunately they were on Delta's buddy passes and they had to wait 2 days before getting out on a flight.  I felt so bad for them they drove to the airport 3 times trying to get on a flight until they finally got on we were so excited when they were finally able to join us. 


The second day that we were there we went to a theater called muvico it was the most amazing theater that i have ever been to. It has an upper deck you could pay $20 and sit in individual lazy boys, and have all the popcorn you wanted they would also come around serve you drinks. We weren't able to sit in these seats because we had paisley and you could not take kid in this part of the theater. but we sat in their regular seats and the were also really nice. We saw inception! Such a great movie.











And of course the best of all Wrigley Stadium where Paisley attended her first major league Baseball Game at the age of 7 weeks and it was my first major league game at the very young age of 28 :)  Funny story:  I had slept in Chelsea's long striped socks so when I woke up and got ready for the game I put them back on with my shorts and had Chelsea and Aaron play along with teasing Mason that I was going to wear them to the game.  they looked awful they were a maroon and purple color and I had on a light pink shirt on.  So I walked out and Mason said " Kresh, you going to wear those socks to the game" and I said "Yes, why doesn't anyone like my socks."  I think at this point he thought that I was kidding but when Aaron said " Kresha, Why do you always have to wear those stupid socks when you wear shorts please take them off, everyone stares at you like your crazy when you wear them."  This is where he bit.  Then he says "Kresh, I like them you should wear them."  So I wore them out to the car and was planning on wearing them all the way into the stadium but I just couldn't do it so I took them off in the car and asked him if he really thought that I would wear something like that.  It was so funny.  
















2 comments:

Clayton, Kelsie and Carter said...

Has Aaron lost weight?? You both look so good! And I want to please keep Paisley. Please. She is so cute. I want another baby!

Ali said...

How fun! It makes me want to go there too. I love BR....and it's so good to see pictures of Chelsea... What a fun family you have! We love you guys.